Concerning Safety Measures for Baby
The arrival of baby brings in bundle of joy, happiness, prosperity and glory in the life of parents. A baby completely transforms the life for them. Till the time baby is breathing in the womb of its mother, its complete safety depends on her. But when he or she is welcomed in this world, it becomes very essential for parents to become extra conscious and cautious for their baby’s safety. It is very important for them to do a review of things that could bring in risk or hazard to the baby. Since baby spends majority of its growing time in home, it becomes important for parents to identify certain risky situations that can take place in home itself.
What are the immediate safety measures?
It is very essential for parents to ensure a proper living environment for their babies. Babies are extremely delicate till they reach the age of five. During this basic five years of their time, the body might get prone to several diseases hence an appropriate ventilation is very important. Timely vaccination is very essential. Parents should regularly visit their child specialist. Learn about certain safety ways that would ensure home to be a safe place for their children.
1. Prevention from falls: Falls are one of the most common situations that a child goes through. While the baby starts crawling, there are higher risks of falling from stairs, steps, bed, etc… Parents should ensure to check whether the stairs and the way are not congested with things. This could lead to falling. Worn carpets and mats should be immediately removed. Rugs should be equipped with non slip pads.
2. Safeguarding patio doors and windows: Doors and windows calls for a great amount of risk for crawling babies. Hence, they should ensure certain measures that safeguard baby. It is advisable to install blinds and curtains that have no cords on it. Place stickers or pictures on sliding glass doors so that it prevents the baby from getting banged on door. Avoid placing a stool or climbing object near window area.
3. Equip Baby Monitors in their room: Baby monitors have become very essential for parents who need to look after other work as well apart from taking care of their baby. The device ensures great amount of safety. The transmitter of baby monitor is placed near baby while the receiver is with any of the parent. With the slightest movement or sound of baby, parents would get a sound alert via receiver. This would alert the parent to go to the baby to ensure his or her safety. Find the best baby monitor 2014 on Watch My Tot which not only provides you with genuine reviews on baby monitors but also helps you choose the best deals online.
4. Protecting those little fingers: Since babies are very curious about everything around them, they tend to touch them with their cute looking little fingers. Hence it becomes essential for parents to eliminate things that could be risky for kids. Electronic socket points, drawers, inner area of doors, etc… are very risky for baby. Hence they should be out of baby’s reach.
5. Protect from drowning: Once the baby starts crawling, it feels like discovering every corner in living space. Babies are quite curious to enter bathrooms. Since bathroom is equipped with water full of bucket, they tend to take the support of bucket and stand up. Hence, parents should ensure to vacant the bucket and tubs for safeguarding them from drowning.